Friday, March 9, 2012

Heidi Klum: Sailor Stripes


Newly-single model Heidi Klum stepped out in Los Angeles with a sweet haircut and nautical look on Wednesday.

The 38-year-old Project Runway host wore a black leather mid-sleeve jacket over an oversize white/blue striped tank top with blue skinny jeans paired with a nautical striped bag. Her nautical-inspired look reminds me of a white ship on a Greek island ashore the Mediterranean clear blue water, all of the crew wearing striped nautical tees and white bell bottomed trousers; I'm only imagining!




Top: I like Heidi's mid-sleeve leather jacket with a button tab but I thought it didn't go too well with the nautical look. A nautical look is supposed to be laid-back, fun, relaxed and the leather jacket indicated a bit of rigidness. I would pair this with a denim crop jacket, which I think gives an overall mellow look! This crop denim jacket by Dollhouse sold at Charlotte Russe ($37) is light-washed and has a distressed look - what's there to not love?

Loose tops have always been my thing and it's the mother of all the casuals. Almost anything you paid with a flowy or loose top, it makes you look like a fun individual and that's why this Cassie Tank from Alloy ($25 - $27) is so cute; flowy, casual, beachy and fun!

But of course, you can always go for a less flowy and less-stripey top like the Swing Tank from Forever 21 ($13).

Bottom: For lighter clothing on the upper body, I prefer light skinny jeans because a matching complexion gives an overall good appearance.

If you haven't already noticed, I am a huge fan of ripped jeans so I'd personally wear ripped jeans for this outfit but any kind of light-colored jeans are fine, especially vintage wash.
For those interested in ripped jeans (not overly distressed, I promise!), try the Paris Blues Destructed Skinny Jean ($37 - $42). With its moderate distresses (it sounds like some political corruption, haha) and light color, it adds some lax.

For those who don't like the distress jeans, these H & M &Sqin Jeans ($40) has a slim fit and a light wash!

Shoes: Since we are working with lighter colors, we should also try to aim for a lighter shoe color...and what better way than to pair it with a sand color ankle boot? American Eagle Oufitters' Desert Boot ($40) is perfect - chunky heels are in style again! These boots also come in two other colors, in rich chocolate (dark brown) and in black.

Another color to consider is light gray. I think that most of the colors of the Wylan Boot by Big Buddha ($40 - $70) are very neutral and can go along with most outfits - take a look at these cute boots!


Bag: I have a soft spot for striped bags, especially I do have that imagination like I mentioned above. I am in love with this Nautical Stripe Canvas Tote by Street Levels sold at Nordstrom ($36). The bag overall reminds me a whole lot of Anya Hindmarch's "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" that was quite popular a few years ago..ring a bell, anyone?

Also, American Rag's Gwen Tote ($38) might spark an interest to those who love long bag handles and lots of room (I know I do!). It's very roomy and overall, I think these two bags make very good beach bags.



Photo:Celebuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment