Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve Dress Ideas

Happy New Year! Boy, I cannot believe a year has gone by so fast already. It seemed like 2010 was just yesterday. I had a lot of ups and downs this year but I guess I cannot complain too much. One of the best things of this year was starting this blog. I finally got the courage to do something I've been wanting to for a very long time and hopefully, I've inspired some people.

I know people are all about celebrating and partying out tonight and it seems like tonight might be perfect for glitter and whatnot. What better to end the year with a little sparkle and shiny clothing for a squeaky, new year?


Since it is New Year's, I'd prefer something bright to symbolize a fresh start (if you'd like to consider it) like this gold sequined Sweetheart Dress from Forever 21 ($27.80). Gold basically symbolizes that a new year is golden with a new happy start. The best thing to pair a shiny dress is with a pair of matte pumps because you don't want to look too shiny so a pair of matte pumps would suffice.
These nude Love Me pumps by Michael Antonio ($45) are perfect because they do have a glossy surface, which fits well with the dress and doesn't scream out "tacky". Keep it simple, but also keep it trendy. I love this sequined criss cross clutch by Lulu Townsend at DSW because it is so elegant and not extremely plastered in gleaming sequins. This gold Deco Cuff from Bracelets & Baubles ($16.10) is perfect for this dress! I love how the gold is brushed and matte because it's great for almost any outfit, especially a dressy one.

If you prefer a darker color, I think this black cherry sequined dress from Windsor ($44.90) is absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't even look like a cherry red color, more like a dark pink color and I am completely in love with the black accents. These Too Hypnotic pumps by 2 Lips Too ($42.50) are too pretty and just because they are peep toes and because the shimmer on them is just not excessive. And how adorable is this Jet bead bracelet from Talbots ($25)? It's so festive and I think it goes perfectly well with any black outfit. I love this zip envelope clutch by Top Choice ($22), which I think is a great price, considering that it's sold at Nordstrom and it can be used as a cross body bag. Perfect for any event! In fact, I think i'm going to order this before everyone nabs it.

Hope I have gave you some ideas on what to wear for tonight. Happy New Years & have fun!

1 comment: